The Magic Oil

2:03 PM


I have been using Bio-Oil for almost a year now and I cannot even begin to explain to you how much I love this thing!

A friend of mine from college recommended this product to me...this was years ago...and I never had the courage to purchase what I had imagined to be another piece of junk to pile in to my cabinet. I'm always very weary about products from the drugstore. Granted, my entire skin care routine is straight out of the drugstore...but I'm still very weary. Very weary. I'm not a fan of all the extra stuff (ie: the fragrance of a sleeping unicorn, bursting bubbles of energy, small pellets of diamonds for a clean scrub...). No. Not interested. 

So there I was at my local Walgreens with what I have to say, the worst case of dry skin that I had ever had. I was literally poring the shelves for anything that could give me some relief. That's when I saw the Bio-Oil hiding all the way at the bottom of the shelves. Let's talk about what makes this thing soo gosh darn amazing!

According to the packaging, it's made for scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging skin, and dehydrated skin. It also says it contains PureCellin Oil. Have no fear, PureCellin Oil is basically an ingredient that helps all the ingredients of the Bio-Oil formlation reduced in thickness making it easier to be absorbed by the skin. 

Here's what it did for me: At the time of purchase, my skin was very depressing. With my back-to-back filming schedule, added to the stresses of pre-production planning as well as the upcoming IMATS competition, I barely had time for myself...never mind the time to take care of my skin! It was awful! To paint the picture, my skin was bloated from the excess junk I was eating. Hormones and stress caused a considerable about of redness and uneven-ness in my skin tone in addition to the several breakouts spotted around my chin and cheek area. (Not fun.) And of course, the dry skin. So all in all, I looked like a hot mess.

I did my daily face routine as I did it before and followed it with the Bio-Oil. I apply the smallest amount on to my fingertips (I'd say 4 or 5 drops from the bottle) then I spread it evenly on both hands before applying it onto my face in a gentle massaging motion. After about a month of doing this, once or twice daily, I saw a significant improvement in my skin and I promise you, you will see results too! This stuff, containing Vitamin A & E, seriously hydrates the skin, smooths and tones the skin and improves the appearances of scars and uneven skin tone. It's magic oil. Like, for real. It's magic...and it smells great too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments